1. Recording Panel # 1 – Contains recording controls & status display for recorder #1. Also contains receiver channel selection tool for this recorder.
2. Recording Panel #2 - Contains recording controls & status display for recorder #2. Also contains receiver channel selection tool for this recorder.
3. List of recorded messages sorted with the most recent on top.
4. Scheduler Panel – for managing recording schedules.
5. List of recording schedules for each recorder (#1 & #2) displayed separately.
6. Player controls include Play, Pause, Stop buttons with duration and present position display. Slider bar also allows click & drag.
7. Name of the selected audio input device (sound card) for this recorder.
8. Volume level of input device.
9. Volume control slider of input device, can be controlled via mouse wheel.
10. Graphical display of input audio level. When audio is available this will keep varying continuously.
11. Input audio level in db. When audio is available this will keep varying continuously.
12. Dropdown box for Receiver channel selection. Select the required channel and wait for a few seconds. If audio is available on the selected channel it will appear generally within 10 seconds.
13. Status display of recorder. ‘Ready’ is displayed 10 seconds prior to the start of any scheduled recording. ‘Recording’ is displayed in a blinking manner when any recording is in progress.
14. This button is used to start/stop the recording.
15. Shows the duration of the recording in progress.
16. Select Recorder for which you want to set a schedule.
17. Select the days of a week for which you want to set the recording schedule.
18. Alternately you can set a schedule for a particular date only (eg. For today only).
19. Set the start & end time of the recording schedule. End time should always be later than start time by at least 1 minute. The timing of a schedule should not collide with timing of another schedule of same priority. In such case, RN Recorder will refuse to accept the new schedule, i.e. it will not be added.
20. Select receiver channel for the recording schedule. This has no effect on the present channel selection of the receiver. This is only for future scheduled recordings.
21. Select priority of the recording schedule. Suppose a recording is scheduled from 2 pm to 3 pm everyday (normal priority) and another important recording is to be done at 2:45 pm only for today. You can set a medium or high priority schedule for the new recording by selecting ‘only’ in 18 above and entering start & end timing. When the time comes, i.e. 2:45 pm, the previous recording will be stopped to start the new recording.
22. Click the ‘Add’ button to add the configured schedule. All schedules are shown in the list of schedules in a time ascending manner. Schedules valid for the present day are shown only.
23. Select any schedule from the list of schedules & click the ‘Remove’ button to permanently remove that schedule.
24. Click to take a copy of the selected message and store it in any other folder for further editing. The date & time of recording is included in the file name. Date is in ‘dd-MM-yyyy’ format & time is in 24 hour format (HH_mm). The original location of the file is protected from users other than network administrator.
25. Select a recorded message from the list of messages and click this button to permanently delete the audio file from hard disk. The deleted file cannot be retrieved after this operation.
26. Select a recorded message from the list of messages and click this button to play the message for listening. The button becomes a ‘Pause’ button while the message is played.
27. Click this button to stop playing a message.
28. This box displays the duration of a message being played.
29. This box displays the current playing position of a message that is being played.
30. The slider represents a graphical display of the progress of playing a recorded message. It supports click & drag just like Windows Media Player.
31. Select any schedule from the list of schedules and this box will show the days for which the schedule has been set. There is no provision for editing/modifying a schedule. To modify a schedule simply remove the old schedule & create a new one.